SLIDER

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Old To You, New to Them


 











Hat: Perry Ellis
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Coat: Goodwill
Dress: Urban Outfitters
 Belt: H&M
Bag: Zara
Shoes: 630

Photo cred: Camille Davis 

This look is especially special to me because it's comprised of garments from my parents. My hat is an old Perry Ellis fedora given to me by my dad and the no name wool coat was taken from my mother's closet. BOTH items have been on this earth longer then I have. I found this pleated hounds tooth dress on a sale rack in Urban Outfitters my sophomore year of college.

Despite how "dated" all these pieces are they still happened to coordinate in a way that is very current. Moral to the story is just because something is seasons old doesn't mean it can't be transformed into a look of the times. If it is well made piece and flattering to you, you can find ways to update it. NO ONE KNOWS IT'S OLD BUT YOU. Re-invent. Re-create.

I was inspired by Kim K's over sized coat trend. I couldn't afford to run out and by an expensive coat that I might not even want to wear next season, so I found this coat in our coat closet and paired it with this short dress and strappy cheetah pumps to add a feminine touch. 

Now you try. Did I hear someone say style challenge?
Signed KOP 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design